What you should know about acupuncture
- More than 20 Millions Americans have used acupuncture for different ailments according to a study by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Growing numbers have sought out acupuncture physicians for chronic pain and other health problems, when conventional medicine neither hasn’t worked nor has been able to provide answers.
- Medical doctors refer their patients to acupuncture physicians more than any other "alternative" care provider.
Acupuncture, safe and effective...
The World Health Organization (WHO) has recognized acupuncture to be effective (through controlled trials) for 28 different diseases and disorders. The report of the WHO also addresses three more categories:
- The therapeutic effect of acupuncture has been shown in 63 specific diseases, symptoms, and conditions. Although further substantiation is needed, these conditions are effectively treated with acupuncture—more trials are necessary to build upon the growing scientific foundation.
- In 9 diseases, symptoms, and conditions, there have been some therapeutic effects of acupuncture, and is noted as worth trying.
- In 7 diseases, symptoms, and conditions, it is suggested that acupuncture be implemented, provided the practitioner has special modern medical knowledge and adequate monitoring equipment.
Access the complete list of diseases, symptoms, and conditions here